Friday, September 2, 2016

City of Dreams

The fast pace. The tall buildings. The mix of casual and sophisticated styles. I think it's safe to say, I've fallen in love. So many people chasing after their dreams in a city so different from where I normally reside. Sometimes I wonder what it would be like to leave my life behind and come here to make my dream a reality. My mind momentarily settles on that thought, imagining me rushing up and down streets with a coffee cup in hand, going to appointments with important meetings and contracts to sign, having people recognize my name all across NYC and posted along Chicago streets...but that thought is quickly set aside as the 'El' train lurches to a stop and the crowd whisks me out the doors and down to the street below. I briefly pause, not knowing which direction to go, before letting the crowd carry me down the sidewalk, toward the orange sunset, bordered by those tall glass buildings, in the city of dreams.




No comments:

Post a Comment