Sunday, April 20, 2014

A Little Love Note


My Sunday nights consist of me sipping hot coca while refreshing my email, waiting for him to respond.

I love words, especially written words, because something in writ can never be erased. Even if every email was deleted, every letter burned, those words would forever be written on my heart.

Finding his unopened letter beside my desk, just awaiting my discovery. There was something in that, more than just the paper enclosed, a feeling that penetrated my heart. I cried over that note. For every word was exactly what I needed to hear. Ironically I tweeted just moments before, "He always knows what to say, too bad he's far far away." Well apparently distance cannot separate love, if that's what this is.

I guess there's just something to seeing the words 'I love you' rather than letting them dissipate through the air. Although, I'd really love to hear those words whispered in my ear. I miss him dearly, I really do, but love has no time. So I'll continue collecting these hand written notes, stashed away in my night stand, and maybe one day we'll look back and see they've become the pages of our love story.

No comments:

Post a Comment